The Stage A of ClimAccelerator Greece 2023 has been completed with 3 winning Greek startups!
Through a pitching process last Friday, September 15th, 7 out of the 10 startups that have participated in the 1st cycle of the Entrepreneurial Support and International Networking Program in collaboration with ΕΙΤ – Climate KIC presented their business solutions to the judging panel, consisting of Eva Lianou (G. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation), Kostis Tselentis (HIN & Swiss Impact office), Achilles Pletharas (Footprint lead, WWF Greece), and Melanie Raf (Relevant Ventures).
The 3 Greek startups that stood out and emerged as winners received cash prizes of €9,000 and the coveted ticket to enter Stage 2, based on their positive environmental impact, entrepreneurial sustainability, innovation potential, ability to expand into new markets, and the strength of their teams. These are the following:
- Apollo Green Solutions: Apollo Green Solutions is developing an integrated solar energy production and management system as a service aimed at individuals, communities, and businesses.
- Rhoe: Rhoe is developing a maritime platform that offers boat owners and operators a low-cost and clean energy battery exchange network, without the need for a large initial investment.
- Promilist: A solution that redefines route optimization for a greener and more sustainable maritime sector, utilizing artificial intelligence, naval engineering, and geospatial data.
In Stage B, the teams will work on their investment readiness through a series of masterclasses, expert guidance/consultations, investor networking, and validation of their environmental impact.
This program is being implemented for the third consecutive year with the support of the Latsis Foundation and EIT Climate KIC, achieving the following:
- Supported 40 domestic entrepreneurial solutions.
- Supported the winning companies with financial prizes totaling €191,000.
- Launched 17 new entrepreneurial solutions in the European market.
Through ClimAccelerator, we have created a strong network of professionals who are actively promoting the development of sustainable, regenerative, and innovative solutions to protect the environment and the planet.
Collective action is the response of the local and global Impact Hub network to the climate crisis, the consequences of which affect not only communities worldwide but also our country! This year, on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of Impact Hub Athens, we renew our commitment to collective action and systemic change with the goal of a green and just future for the planet and humanity. We will continue to support green business solutions through active collaboration between the business world, academic knowledge, and innovation, as well as citizen engagement, by creating and sharing the resources, infrastructure, and networks required in this direction.