Amid the climate and biodiversity crises that cities and our world are currently grappling with, we are taking a stand through collective action. Our mission is to usher in a sustainable future for both humanity and the planet. We persist in aiding green businesses to expedite the execution of their solutions by fostering global, regional, and local partnerships and initiatives. Our active focus revolves around promptly tackling environmental hurdles, blending cutting-edge research with entrepreneurial innovation. We empower citizens to propagate and embrace circular solutions while bolstering green projects through the provision of resources, visibility, infrastructure, and extensive networking.
As we take a moment to reflect on the incredible journey we’ve embarked upon, we are thrilled to unveil the resounding success of the REMEDIES Inauguration Event. This momentous occasion marks a pivotal step in the REMEDIES movement’s mission to co-create a plastic-conscious society, utilizing cutting-edge technology and circularity approaches while fostering holistic citizen engagement.
On September 26, within the vibrant context of the TENACITY European Gathering, this landmark event unfolded in Athens, Greece. Its impact promises to be enduring, leaving an indelible imprint on our ongoing mission to safeguard our environment. With the active participation of over 90 impact makers from Impact Hubs across Europe and more than 40 representatives from Greece’s diverse ecosystem, including NGOs, public entities, startups, and foundations, the event provided a unique platform for networking, interaction, and comprehensive insights into the REMEDIES program.
Hands-on, Beach Clean-up
Inspired by the REMEDIES For Ocean Horizon Europe Innovation Program, our mission was clear: to contribute to restoring our seas and rivers by deploying (micro)plastic litter valorisation and prevention pathways. The Inauguration day commenced with a Beach Clean-up organized by REMEDIES in collaboration with Save Your Hood and Impact Hub Athens, at Voula beach. A team-building experience where we rolled up our sleeves and took action to make a positive impact on our environment. Our audacious goal is to reach our #20TonnesChallenge, gathering as much plastic litter as we can to make a significant impact on our oceans.
Our Transition to a Regenerative Economy
The event was enriched by a powerful Panel Session on Sustainable and Disruptive Solutions, where we had the privilege to learn from three distinguished speakers who are champions of environmental change:
- Luiz Bonvini – Impact Hub: A global network committed to catalyzing collaborative solutions for positive social and environmental impact. We gleaned insights into the power of collective action and innovation.
- Angeliki Kosmopoulou – Athanasios C. Laskaridis Charitable Foundation: A pioneering foundation driving transformative initiatives for marine environment protection and community empowerment. We discovered how a foundation can be a catalyst for positive change.
- Uroš Novak – REMEDIES-for-ocean Horizon Program: Uroš, REMEDIES Coordinator, shed light on our groundbreaking initiative leading the charge for a plastic-waste-free ecosystem. We gained invaluable insights into the cutting-edge technologies and strategies propelling this transformative movement.
#ClimateAction Massive Business Clinic
The Massive Business Clinic for Environmental Action was another highlight of the event! We tackled challenges related to climate change, environmental protection, and the critical issue of plastic litter. Each perspective counted, and a vast network of potential partners and allies has now been set into motion.
Meet the Greek Challenge Owners who joined us in brainstorming and paving the way for a more sustainable future:
- Anni Mitropoulou & Nassia Kassela – Cyclades Preservation Fund
- Angeliki Kosmopoulou – Athanasios C. Laskaridis Charitable Foundation
- Dimitris Alexopoulos – Enaleia
- Chrysi Laspidou – Arsinoe project
- Vassilis Sfakianopoulos – Save Your Hood
We extend our heartfelt gratitude to the more than 30 experts who joined us from across the country, igniting conversations that will shape our sustainable future and providing invaluable insights and guidance to our 5 challenge owners.
For Save Your Hood:
For Athanasios C. Laskaridis Charitable Foundation:
For Cyclades Preservation Fund:
- Anni Mitropoulou
- Nassia Kassela
- Christina Archer
- Ιο Stavridi
- Artemis Triantafyllos
- Eleftheria Klontza
- Nadia Siokou
- Elena Symeonidou
- Chrysi Laspidou
- George Sachinis
- Katerina Protonotariou
- Dimitris Kyriakakis
- Stavroula Ntemiri
- Katerina Dimitrou
- Haris Biskos
- Teemu Lehtinen
A big thank you to the Municipality of Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni for graciously hosting us in the welcoming Ionian Hall, right by the sea!