Win a chance to participate at DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival and drive-up your social impact, learning from Tel Aviv’s leading startup ecosystem!
The Embassy of Israel in Greece and Impact Hub Athens, a Greek organization established with the vision of creating an ecosystem that fosters and promotes innovative and socially positive entrepreneurship, are glad to organize and announce a competition-event tailored for Greek startuppers! Start Tel Aviv 2017 will be taking place on July 5, 2017 in Athens!
Start Tel Aviv is a global competition held by the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Tel Aviv Global that brings together startups from 30 different countries around the world to compete for the opportunity to take part in an intense, five-day startup experience in Tel Aviv’s unrivaled startup ecosystem. This year Start Tel Aviv invites startups from the wider field of social entrepreneurship and urban development. The prize is an intense, all-expense-paid, five-day startup experience in the heart of Tel Aviv, during the exciting and innovative DLD Festival, which will take place on 3-7 September 2017. The winner from Greece, along with 30 winners from local competitions in selected countries from across the globe will have the chance to be part of a training that has been especially tailored for them and will have the amazing opportunity to learn from the startup ecosystem in Tel Aviv.
Who can apply?
- Greek startups from the fields of social entrepreneurship and/or urban development ICT, IOT, web, and mobile technology in early seed funding stage in order “to make the world a better place”.
- The team representatives must be aged 25-37 years old (exceptions are made).
- The team must have a prototype to present and to have proven itself already.
- The participants have to be one of the founders and/or directors of the company (not an employee).
- Entrepreneurial, innovative and media attractive companies.
- An independent (not a subsidiary of a large and established) company.
- Winner must speak English.
What’s the prize?
- The winner goes to Tel Aviv, Israel!
- The prize is a one-week all-expenses paid trip for winners from selected countries around the world. They will participate in lectures, workshops and meetings in a tailor-made 5 day seminar for them at the DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival.
What is the DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival?
- It is Israel’s largest international high-tech gathering, featuring hundreds of startups, VCs, angel investors and leading multinationals.
- It is the best place to network with the entire high-tech community. It is headed by the Israeli entrepreneur Mr. Yossi Vardi.
- You can meet the coolest and smartest companies, investors, designers, techies, artists, from Israel and abroad.
- Further information about the DLD program can be found at www.dldtelaviv.com
How do you apply?
- Fill out your application form in English here.
- Note that only one founding member of a start-up company may submit the company to the competition.
- The prize will be given to the representative who entered the competition.
Who will evaluate you?
- The jury will consist of professionals, investors and entrepreneurs from Greece. The full list of the jury members will soon be announced.
Don’t miss the deadline!
- Applications must be submitted by June 26, 2017. at midnight (Athens local time).
- We will announce the selected candidates for the pitching competition personally and on our social media channels.
When is the competition?
- July 5th 2017 is the date of the “Start Tel Aviv 2017” competition. Participants will be invited to pitch their ideas in front of the jury.
- The venue will be Impact Hub Athens.
Why Tel Aviv?
Israel is one of the top 5 countries in the world in social entrepreneurship. Tel Aviv is the business capital of Israel and a leading innovation hub with a local ecosystem of world class tech talents, dozens of leading multinationals and hundreds of tech star startups. The city was named Europe’s leading tech hub by the Wall Street Journal and ranked by Startup Genome as the 2nd best place in the world to open a startup.
Find out more here.
About Impact Hub Athens
Impact Hub Athens is part of an International Network of social driven professionals and a variety of high impact creative professionals that are dedicated into prototyping the future of business. From social inclusion and social integration to environment and fair trade, Impact Hub Athens is engaging expertise from its worldwide presence and creating a net of intercultural, high impact community that acts locally and internationally. Impact Hub is a rapidly expanding, diverse global network of over 15,000+ members and 86 Impact Hubs operating around the world at the moment. Impact Hub Athens was founded in 2013.