The Investment Ready Program ‘Encouraging Future Generations’ by Allianz and Impact Hub was a unique acceleration program, tailored for purpose driven entrepreneurs aiming to foster social inclusion of children and youth in Indonesia, Greece, Germany and Spain. Over a duration of 6 months, 8 participating teams engaged in a systematic review of their business model, team and strategy. The ventures crafted and pursued individual program milestones. Beyond that, all participants were part of a multi-day workshop sessions in March 2019 in Munich. At the end of the program, all participants had the chance to pitch in front of a jury for the Allianz Future Generations Award (40.000 €).
• Review your business model
• Work on your growth strategy and investment case in a structured way
• Customised support from high-level Allianz employees and content experts
• Impact Hub Membership
• Access to the Impact Hub and Allianz Network
• Multi-day workshop in Munich
• Participation at the Encouraging Future Generations Day in Munich
• Chance to be awarded with the Allianz Future Generations Award (40,000€)
• You developed an entrepreneurial solution for a societal challenge focusing on social inclusion for children and youth in the areas of education, training and employability
• You have a proof-of-concept (you are revenue generating, revenue testing)
• You are seeking investment or funding (€40k-€1MIO)
• Your organisation is legally incorporated in one of these countries: Germany, Greece, Indonesia or Spain
• You are a purpose-driven entrepreneur, motivated to invest time and energy into this program and are willing to challenge the status quo of your business
Fostering social inclusion of children and young people was the cornerstone of this Investment Ready Program. More specifically, the program focusses on education, employability and training of children and youth. The Investment Ready Program owes its thematic focus to the Allianz Group’s Corporate Responsibility Strategy and specifically to the ‘Encouraging Future Generations’ program which constitutes a major pillar of the corporate’s responsibility strategy. There is no fixed agre range for the target group. We broadly define “youth” as the age between compuslary education and entering employment.
Our program was geared to purpose driven organisations that create scalable solutions to societal challenges in Indonesia, Greece, Spain and Germany. The networks of Impact Hub and our key partners provided access to 100+ locations in all continents and connections to globally-minded stakeholders and investors.
Our program was a platform for investors and entrepreneurs to meet and collaborate to scale environmental, social and financial benefit. We worked closely with action-oriented impact investors who were committed to invest in and support impact ventures.
Our program was tailored to equip purpose-driven entrepreneurs with everything they needed to know in order to attract the right capital for their organisation. We picked entrepreneurs up where they are and guide them through an intense and mindset shifting experience. All participants went through a highly customised program with individual support by experienced entrepreneurs, investors, Allianz mentors and content experts.
VALUE & FEE
The costs for the program itself was covered by Allianz. Participating teams from Greece, Indonesia and Spain could apply for an Allianz international travel and accommodation stipend for the events taking place in Munich (i.e. the Academy in March and the Encouraging Future Generations Day in July).
Allianz and Impact Hub Munich believe that social entrepreneurs play a vital part in accelerating the worldwide adoption of sustainable and inclusive technologies, policies, and behaviours. It is the aim of the program to support the entrepreneurs in getting fit for investment, growth and ready to generate global impact. Allianz and Impact Hub Munich further aim to catalyse investment into social entrepreneurs by nurturing the impact investment ecosystem at the four participating locations. To this end, we work with local investor communities, show them the opportunities and potential of impact investment and link them to internationally operating investor networks through the program.
The Investment Ready Program as a start-up acceleration program was orginally developed by Impact Hub Vienna in 2011 and expanded to Impact Hub Amsterdam in 2014. Within the last 6 years, it has helped dozens of purpose driven organisations in Europe to become fit for investment.