The Impact Hub
Impact Hubs make up a global network of people, places, and programs that inspire, connect and catalyze impact. Part innovation lab, part business incubator, and part community center, we offer our members a unique ecosystem of resources, inspiration, and collaboration opportunities to grow impact.
We have started in 2013, locally rooted in Athens and globally connected with other 120 Impact Hubs worldwide. Today, we count with more than 120 members, numerous capacity building programs for social businesses, and great partnerships that capitalize the dynamic and expertise of each organization, with a purpose to strengthen the social economy field in Greece.
Impact Hub Athens is expanding its core team, following a series of successful years and is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Space Host to join our team.
Hosting is an approach to leadership that scales up from the personal to the systemic using personal practice, dialogue, facilitation and the co-creation of innovation to address complex challenges.
The host is an integral part of Impact Hub Ath community, which is considered to be the main driving and supportive force of our activities. Hosts are the key to community building, since they create the proper conditions and the environment in which the relationships between our members will flourish. The community host’s mission is therefore to be able to connect qualitatively the members by supporting their collaboration and interaction. The host provides daily support for the community and ensures a positive member experience. Therefore, Impact Hub Host should have the power to be a connector, a helper & an ambassador for our community. In addition, a major purpose of the host is to support the daily operations and be a consistent point of contact at events and members.
Job title: Host (FULL-TIME)
Collaborates with: Business Unit Coordinator, Community Manager, Events Manager, Space host
- Opening & closing the space, while preparing it for the daily operational needs.
- Welcoming and reception of members and visitors.
- Excellent knowledge of the community as a whole in order to ensure effective networking.
- Creating relationships and connections between members.
- Support the Member Services responsible in planning and implementing networking events, meetings and community gatherings.
- Informing members about the operation of the space and the upcoming activities according to their interests.
- Responsible for signing up new members in collaboration with our accounting office.
- Responsible for the bookings and tracking of meeting spaces for the Impact Hub community.
- Responsible for ordering supplies.
- Provide support to Impact Hub team members when needed.
- Support in events productions, space maintenance, set up and de-set up of events infrastructure
- Experience in Hospitality / Events.
- Exceptional customer service mentality.
- Desire to empower and support the Impact Hub Athens community.
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems that may arise.
- Adaptability to change and flexibility
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite or Google Suite (Google Doc, Google Sheets, etc) & social media skills.
- Comfort and facility with simple technology (A/V, computers, wifi, printers, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude.
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment.
- Fluency in greek & english. Third language is appreciated.
- Ability to use everyday technological equipment (A / V, printers, computers, internet).
If you have the relevant experience for this role and would like to apply please send us a CV and a covering letter outlining why you are perfect for the role, and how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without both a CV or a Covering letter will not be considered. Deadline for applications is 20/09/2019.