As we are transitioning through a deep health crisis all around the world, people are pivoting towards a more healthy, sustainable and conscious lifestyle starting with what they consume every day.
At the Impact Hub Athens due to a qualitative & quantitative research around the establishment of the practice of social consumption, we understand that the Greek consumers need to learn a lot for that topic compared to the rest of the world. However, there is a positive sign since more and more sustainable initiatives are starting their operations locally.
We also observed that the small percentage of the population which is willing to change towards a more sustainable & responsible way of living lacks information on where to find the respective products that cover the everyday routine, along with practices to enrich & advance their way of living.
As it is difficult for the consumers to find sustainable and ethical businesses with ethical products, conscious businesses face challenges in order to grow as they don’t have the capacity to research the customers, develop the right marketing mix and communicate directly with them.
Ten million hands is solving that problem through different means of accessible information for consumers and producers willing to get in the sustainability world or they are already practicing it. The Heart of the project is an ongoing research on mapping sustainable consumption in Greece, profiling the Greek conscious consumer, trends, opportunities and threats of the sector and a database of sustainable brands and organizations in Greece together with simple tips of lifestyle changes that each one of us could adapt in his/her everyday life aiming in a more sustainable world.
On top of that we are producing a series of documentaries raising awareness on ethical consumption with a solution oriented aspect.
Ten million hands brings all that information together under a digital platform carrying out several communication and community building activities in order to bring Greek consumers’ lifestyle closer to conscious, sustainable and ethical practices.
We’re seeking for a person to join our team and take on communications and marketing tasks. Main responsibilities
- Content creation (blog posts, pages content, etc) and update
- New features and pages introduction according to needs
- Website taxonomy and user experience optimisation
- Social Media Plan creation and optimisation
- Copy and content creation
- Facebook events creation and management
- Monthly Analysis & reporting of results and optimisation suggestions ● Social Media campaigns implementation
Other Communication tasks:
- Market research
- Community events production
- Stakeholders engagement upon activities planned
Preferred qualification / technical & soft skills:
- At least 2 years previous work experience in at similar position
- Preferable relevant work/study experience in the following areas: business or operations, marketing, communications, performance management, entrepreneurship & startup environment
- Comfortable working with technology (applications, software, etc.)
- Passionate about and immersed into relevant topics, developments and conversations in thefieldof social impact and innovation
- Interest about major global challenges (climate change, energy alternatives, food systems, transportation), and curious about practical solutions
- Proficiency in Google & Microsoft Office Apps
- Excellent level (written & verbal) in Greek and English
- Good verbal & written communication
- Time management
- Organisational skills and prioritisation
- Attention to detail / accuracy
- Critical thinking & judgement
- Discretion & politeness
- Self-starter, enthusiastic, fast learner
If you have the relevant experience for this role and would like to apply please send us a CV and a covering letter outlining why you are perfect for the role, and how you meet the specification to [email protected]