The Impact Hub
Impact Hubs make up a global network of people, places, and programs that inspire, connect and catalyze impact. Part innovation lab, part business incubator, and part community center, we offer our members a unique ecosystem of resources, inspiration, and collaboration opportunities to grow impact.
We have started in 2013, locally rooted in Athens and globally connected with other 120+ Impact Hubs worldwide. Today, we count with more than 120 members, numerous capacity building programs for social businesses, and great partnerships that capitalize the dynamic and expertise of each organization, with a purpose to strengthen the social economy field in Greece.
Following a participatory model of management and revival of the urban landscape, the Municipality of Athens chose through an open process the Impact Hub Athens in order to curate the reopening of the Municipal Market. In 2016 the Municipality of Athens renovated the Municipal Market of Kypseli, so that the building could be reused in the most beneficial way for the society, within a bigger plan of re-utilizing all available resources of the city, promoting at the same time, culture, innovation, creative entrepreneurship, while upgrading the quality of life in the local community. Our aim is to put the 6th District on the map,and turn it again into a pole of attraction; a meeting for Athens, through the Municipal Market of Kypseli, which now houses educational, cultural activities, as well as social economy initiatives, based on the strong agenda of development, social cohesion and participation.
We envision to turn the Market into a connection point between all residents of the 6th District and further than that. We want it to be a mechanism for social cohesion, collaborative spirit and co-creation in one of the most populous, multicultural and historical areas of Athens. The main objective is to become a lever for relaunching the economy, which will be able to attract new public and offer opportunities for renewed interest to investors and entrepreneurs, while offering new services to Athenian population.
With the main themes of culture, education, and social innovation & entrepreneurship the objective to strengthen the local economy, the Municipal Market of Kypseli aspires to become a meeting point and reference for the Athenian public.
Job title: Project Assistant (FULL – TIME)
Reports: Municipal Market of Kypseli Project Manager
Collaborates with: Events Manager, Site manager, Communications Team
- Support in programming design of the Market’ s three pillars (education, culture, markets)
- Lead projects, activities & programmes implementation
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation (photos, videos, impact measurement)
- Events, cultural & educational activities production
- Complete administrative tasks
- Space maintenance
- Communicate, collaborate and follow up with Municipal market’s stakeholders (organization partners)
- Host beneficiaries, Municipal Market ‘s “residents” and neighbors
- Support the promotion of Municipal Market’s activities
- Relevant work/study experience in the following areas: business or operations, communications, performance management, entrepreneurship & startup environment
- Able to proactively address potential issues & suggest solutions
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Appreciated experience in events production
- Appreciated experience in international collaborations
- Fluency in greek & english. Third language is appreciated.
If you have the relevant experience for this role and would like to apply please send us a CV and a covering letter outlining why you are perfect for the role, and how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without both a CV or a Covering letter will not be considered. Deadline for applications is Tuesday 5th February 2019.